Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Perks of Being a Voracious Reader

"It's strange because sometimes, I read a book, and I think I am the people in the book." - Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower 


If you haven't read The Perks of Being a Wallflower, you must. And immediately. Especially if you're one of those people who likes to read the book before the movie comes out (and who isn't) because the movie is coming out this year! (Movie trailer is here! Also, it manages to use a lot of the most famous quotes from the book in just 2 1/2 minutes).

This is a book you can read over and over again. It's accessible, it's poignant, it's engaging and it is beautifully written. I like books that make be feel alive when I'm finished reading them. I like having that feeling that lasts with you when you finish a book almost as if you lived it yourself. This is one of those books.
A+ to you, Stephen Chbosky. 


No comments:

Post a Comment