Monday, July 16, 2012

Chuck Palahniuk = AMAZING

Chuck Palahniuk is one of my very favorite writers and it's because he isn't afraid to get very gritty and graphic in hilarious (and sometimes just plain brutal) ways.  I'm working my way through his books slowly, but every one I read is fascinating and very difficult to put down. 

His most recent one is Damned.  It's the story of a thirteen-year old girl who finds herself in Hell, thinking that she's died from a marijuana overdose. My favorite review quoting Mr. Palahniuk on his own work that I read on Goodreads (you can find it here!) says this: 

The author described the novel as "if The Shawshank Redemption had a baby by The Lovely Bones and it was raised by Judy Blume." And "it's kind of like The Breakfast Club set in Hell."


And that is exactly what it is. My other faves of Chuck's works include Choke and Fight Club. I also liked his book, Snuff, but not as much. Choke and Damned are my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment